We are committed to keeping Fork Union Military Academy attainable, affordable, and accessible for as many mission-appropriate students as we can.
We will always work with each family on a personal basis to keep our quality college prep boarding school education available for families across a broad spectrum of socio-economic and demographic backgrounds.
Tuition for Academic Year 2021-2022
|Student Type||Total Tuition & Fees*||New Cadet Uniform Cost|
|Domestic Boarding Student||$36,600||$2,850|
|International Boarding Student||$44,850||$2,850|
|Postgraduate Football Boarding Student||$22,300||$2,150|
|Postgraduate Basketball Boarding Student||$29,450||$2,450|
*Total Tuition & Fees includes tuition, meals, fees, and boarding costs. Uniform costs are in addition to total tuition and fees.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial assistance is available for mission-appropriate students who will be an asset to our Corps of Cadets and whose family may need help affording a private school education.
More than half of our enrolled students receive some amount of need-based financial aid each year.
Fork Union Military Academy offers families three payment plan options:
- One payment
- Two payments
- Monthly, semi-monthly, or bi-weekly payment plans over ten months.
Payment plans begin July 1 and must be completed by the end of April. Payment plans are managed through FACTS Tuition Management. There is an additional administrative fee for the two-payment and other payment plan options.
What does tuition include?
Your tuition total includes:
- academic instruction
- coaching and mentoring
- lab fees
- required textbooks
- internet access and email
- access to computer labs
- 24-hour access to the Infirmary staffed by our registered nurses
- athletic and recreational facilities
- clubs and extracurricular activities
- access to the Academy's library
- meals in the Estes Dining Hall
- dual-occupancy room and facilities for boarding students
What is not included in tuition?
You may incur some incidental costs for such things as:
- student's school supplies
- dual-credit college courses
- ESL classes
- resource program for academic support
- standardized tests
- special transportation needs
- special activities and trips
- single-occupancy room
- medical insurance for international students