Now accepting applications for January 2021 entry
We are still accepting Applications for Admission for mid-year entry in January 2021
The Admissions Process
Families interested in admission to Fork Union Military Academy typically follow a kind of process.
- The steps in the process described below are typical of how a family might proceed, but feel free to jump around and take the steps in the order that feels right for you.
- Follow the hyperlinks in each step to dig deeper and learn more specific information that interests you.
Step 1 - Basic Investigation
In this first and most basic step, families determine whether Fork Union Military Academy should be "on the list" of schools to consider:
- What is Fork Union Military Academy?
- Who attends Fork Union Military Academy?
- Where is Fork Union Military Academy?
- How much does Fork Union Military Academy cost?
- Is Financial Aid available?
- Take a Virtual Guided Tour of our campus
Step 2 - Dig Deeper Online
Once you determine that Fork Union Military Academy might meet your initial qualifications, it is time to learn about the factors that set Fork Union Military Academy apart from other schools on your "list."
- Why should I consider Fork Union Military Academy? What's so special about Fork Union Military Academy that I can't find at other schools?
- What is the One Subject Plan?
Step 3 - Start the Conversation
Now it's time to start the conversation with our Admissions Office and truly begin the admissions process in earnest.
- Give us a call at 434-842-4205 to ask some questions...
- Request admissions information be sent to you
- Request to schedule a visit to campus (Tours and admissions interviews are offered by appointment only.)
- Attend an Admissions Fair in your area or come to an Open House on campus
Step 4 - Apply for Admission
Continue the conversation by telling us more about your student and family.
- Fill out and submit your Application for Admission online
- Follow up with the principal, teachers, guidance office and others at your current school to make sure their recommendations and forms are submitted promptly for Fork Union Military Academy.
Step 5 - Learn About Financial Aid Opportunities
Once you have submitted your admissions application, it is time to begin seriously investigating the various types of assistance available to help make Fork Union Military Academy affordable for your family.
- Are payment plans available?
- Learn about Educational Loans
- Learn about private scholarship opportunities
- Can your 529 college savings be used for high school?
- Are there any military discounts?
- What is the Trustee Scholarship?
Finally, you can fill out and submit your Financial Aid Application online.
Step 6 - Complete the Process
Make sure that you have completed all the paperwork and requirements so that our Admissions Office can make an informed decision to accept your student for admission to Fork Union Military Academy.
- Have you followed up to make sure all required paperwork has been submitted?
- Have you visited the campus and interviewed with our Admissions Office?
- Have you complied with any special requests for additional information?