Campus Tours are Back!
Beginning Wednesday June 10, 2020 prospective cadets and their families will once again be able to tour Fork Union Military Academy!
Campus tours and admissions interviews will be offered Monday-Saturday at 9 AM, 11 AM, and 1 PM.
APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED, and may be made by calling our offices at 434-842-4205 and speaking to one of our team members.
Those scheduling appointments will be asked to follow these guidelines:
- Please limit the number in your party to prospect and parent/guardian
- Guests will be asked to complete a symptom checklist upon arrival relating to the recent health of all in their group
- Guests will be asked to comply with Virginia face covering policy while indoors
- Please follow social distancing policies at all times
Take a Virtual Guided Tour of our Campus
Join our admissions counselors, CPT Mark Shuman and CPT Reggie Barnette, as they take you on a guided tour of the Fork Union Military Academy campus.
The Admissions Process
Families interested in admission to Fork Union Military Academy typically follow a kind of process.
The steps in the process described below are typical of how a family might proceed, but feel free to jump around and take the steps in the order that feels right for you.
Follow the hyperlinks in each step to dig deeper and learn more specific information that interests you.
Step 1 - Basic Investigation
In this first and most basic step, families determine whether Fork Union Military Academy should be "on the list" of schools to consider:
- What is Fork Union Military Academy?
- Who attends Fork Union Military Academy?
- Where is Fork Union Military Academy?
- How much does Fork Union Military Academy cost?
- Is Financial Aid available?
Step 2 - Dig Deeper Online
Once you determine that Fork Union Military Academy might meet your initial qualifications, it is time to learn about the factors that set Fork Union Military Academy apart from other schools on your "list."
- Why should I consider Fork Union Military Academy? What's so special about Fork Union Military Academy that I can't find at other schools?
- What is the One Subject Plan?
Step 3 - Start the Conversation
Now it's time to start the conversation with our Admissions Office and truly begin the admissions process in earnest.
- Give us a call at 434-842-4205 to ask some questions...
- Request admissions information be sent to you
- Request to schedule a visit to campus
- Attend an Admissions Fair in your area or come to an Open House on campus
Step 4 - Apply for Admission
Continue the conversation by telling us more about your student and family.
- Fill out and submit your application online
- Follow up with the principal, teachers, guidance office and others at your current school to make sure their recommendations and forms are submitted promptly for Fork Union Military Academy.
Step 5 - Learn About Financial Aid Opportunities
Once you have submitted your admissions application, it is time to begin seriously investigating the various types of assistance available to help make Fork Union Military Academy affordable for your family.
- Are payment plans available?
- Learn about Educational Loans
- Learn about private scholarship opportunities
- Can your 529 college savings be used for high school?
- Are there any military discounts?
- What is the Trustee Scholarship?
Step 6 - Complete the Process
Make sure that you have completed all the paperwork and requirements so that our Admissions Office can make an informed decision to accept your student for admission to Fork Union Military Academy.
- Have you followed up to make sure all required paperwork has been submitted?
- Have you visited the campus and interviewed with our Admissions Office?
- Have you complied with any special requests for additional information?
Families, at Fork Union Military Academy
we have your back as you
plan for Fall Enrollment!
We understand that these are challenging times, and we have already taken many steps due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now we have taken a number of new and unprecedented steps to help you feel more safe and secure as you consider enrollment at our school.
- We are guaranteeing families the right to cancel enrollment contracts and receive full refunds of any registration fees and tuition paid, so long as you notify us by August 1 for Fall enrollments.
- We are guaranteeing single-occupancy rooms in our student barracks for those who request them with their paid deposit and signed enrollment agreement. Space is limited and rooms are reserved on first come, first served basis.
- We are offering enhanced payment options for this school year.
- We are offering you a virtual tour of our campus conducted by two of our admissions counselors, since we can't visit with you in person at this time.
- We are holding online webinar meetings and virtual open houses each week.
We want to help make your decision to enroll at Fork Union Military Academy as easy and risk-free as we can during these extraordinary times.
For more information on these and other steps we are taking at this time,