All new cadets (boarding and day) will be required to purchase new uniform items. Used items will not be allowed. Fork Union Military Academy takes pride in the fact that the cadet uniforms are well tailored and properly fitted. In the event an incorrect size is issued, the cadet should return the item to the Supply center promptly so it can be inspected and replaced. Should the parent have a question concerning the cadet’s clothing, do not hesitate to contact the Quartermaster.
To avoid delays and ensure proper fit in issuing caps, it is strongly suggested that cadets report with a regulation haircut as specified on the Barbershop page.
With the large number of students at the Academy, it is hard for the Quartermaster’s Department to monitor individual purchases made by each cadet. If items are lost or damaged through neglect or carelessness, then they must be replaced by the cadet in a timely manner. We want to stress that there is a complete understanding on the part of the cadet that all items are handled with care and responsibility. We encourage parents to advise your cadet in advance of this important information. Please understand that if an item is lost or damaged, he will need to be accountable for replacing the uniform or clothing. Thank you for helping us with this communication.
Uniform Account (Mandatory)
This account is required for all cadets and will be charged as necessary to maintain proper uniform attire for each cadet. Parental authorization is not necessary for cadets to charge uniform items to this account.
Note: There are also charges for additional uniform articles such as insignia for cadet rank, ribbons, pins, patches, shoulder cords, etc. These charges will be applied to your Uniform Account as they arise.
Because our issued uniform items are specific to Fork Union Military Academy by screen printing or embroidery, this list shows just those items that may be brought from home.
Returning cadets may find this list useful as well, but should also refer to the supply list for returning cadets.
Required Items for Uniform
All of the below (except athletic/casual shoes) may be purchased from the Supply Center and can be charged to your account should you choose not to bring them from home.
- 1 Shoeshine Kit
- 12 Pairs of Black Socks to be worn with combat boots
- 6 Pairs of Black Dress Socks to be worn with low quarters
- 12 Pairs of Black Ankle Length Athletic Socks with no visible logos
- 6 White Bath Towels
- 6 White Washcloths
- 6 White Handkerchiefs
- 12 White Crew Neck T-Shirts
- 12 White Undershorts (Quartermaster may only have limited sizes in briefs)
- 1 Pair of Running Shoes - Extra pair is authorized (not available from Quartermaster)
Required Items for Barracks Room
- 10 Black Plastic Clothes Hangers
- Toiletry Items – (Tissues, Body Wash, Soap, Shampoo, Deodorant, Razor, Shaving Cream, Lotions, etc.) No Aerosols please.
- 1 Pair of Shower Shoes
- Cleaning Supplies – Window Cleaner, Broom and Dustpan, Paper Towels, Disinfecting Wipes, Hand Sanitizer
- School Supplies – Pens, Pencils, Notebook Paper, Notebook, 2-inch binder
Not Required – But Recommended
- Dark Blue Blanket – no quilt or comforter
- Small Clock Radio or Alarm Clock
- Wrist Watch (Black)
- Air Fresheners such as Febreeze – non aerosol
- Writing Supplies – Envelopes, Stamps, Addresses
- Phone Card – May be purchased from Quartermaster. Required for all outbound long-distance phone calls.