Current Job Openings
Executive Assistant to the President
Fork Union Military Academy is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Executive Assistant to will work directly with the President and be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment.
Summary of Executive Assistant responsibilities and duties
· Maintain President’s calendar by scheduling meetings, appointments and make travel arrangements
· Inform President of daily events/schedule, provide information needed and answer telephone calls
· Provide the President with his speech, supporting information, directions and schedule for events
· Coordinate executive communications and interface with parents, trustees, and potential partners
· Type correspondence, speeches and prepare internal and external documents for use by senior staff
· Maintain an organized paper and electronic filing system and up-to-date Corporate Resolution
· File Arrange school event dinners, fund-raisers and staff appreciation events
· Trustee Board meeting preparation; provide agenda, information folders, room set up and roll call
· Take minutes at the Board of Trustees, Executive Committee and Finance Committee board meetings
· Prepare monthly Situation Reports for Trustees with information solicited from department heads
· Submit Baptist reports and maintain the Trustee handbook
· Perform other duties as needed
Executive Assistant qualifications and skills
· Ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality
· Be proficient in collaboration and delegate duties as necessary
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills, ability to become familiar with school-specific programs and software
· Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff, parents, cadets, visitors
· Strong organizational, project management problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities
· This candidate must have a friendly and professional demeanor with exceptional interpersonal skills
· Executive Administrative Assistant experience to senior leadership and management is desired
– contact Maintenance (434) 842-4340
– contact Maintenance (434) 842-4340
– contact Dining Services (434) 842-4390
Candidates interested in applying for employment for posted positions only should email a resume and cover letter to HR@fuma.org.
No phone calls or paper copies please. We will only contact candidates invited to interview.
MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST.
Fork Union Military Academy is a Christian boarding & day school that has been building young men in body, mind, and spirit since 1898. FUMA seeks dedicated faculty and staff professionals who see this school's mission as their own and will strive to support the values of the institution.
Teaching contracts are generally for 9 months and all teachers are expected to participate in 2 outside activities in addition to teaching, such as sports coaching or student club sponsorship. Staff positions are generally 12 month contracts.
Professional development is encouraged and supported. FUMA offers a full complement of employee benefits for full-time employees, including participation in group health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance; a 403(b) retirement plan and Paid Time Off.
Fork Union Military Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Fork Union Military Academy to provide equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. The Academy complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, or any other legally protected characteristic.
You may download a copy of our employment application in PDF format below.