July 26, 2021
Check-In Information for New Cadets
Fork Union Military Academy is excited to welcome you our campus on August 10th, 2021.
Before arriving, please make sure you have logged into FUMA’s Parent’s Portal, and have completed the Enrollment Checklist.
Please ensure that your:
- 2021-2022 Fall Enrollment Contract is Signed and Submitted
- 2021-2022 Fall Enrollment: FACTS Tuition Management Account is Setup
- 2021-2022 Fall Enrollment: Tuition Deposit/Registration Fee has been submitted
Also ensure that you have:
- Submitted your son’s Final Official Transcript (if possible, please also submit his School Profile)
- Selected Your Fall 2021 Check-In / Registration Time
- New students grades 7 – 12 (and Academic PGs) must arrive on August 10th, 2021
- PG Football and PG Basketball players must arrive on August 11th, 2021
- Signed and submitted the Parent Statement of Support
- Signed and submitted the Weekend Leave Permission Form
Should you have any questions, please reach out to the Admission Office at 434-842-4205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Official Transcript Reminder*
Ensuring we have this information now will better help our scheduling team set your son's academic schedule for the upcoming year.
The following documents are not acceptable official transcripts:
- Picture images/screenshots uploaded
- Progress reports
- Computer printouts from school information system
- A transcript that is unsigned and/or does not have the school seal
Please make sure the official transcript is signed, sealed, and has all complete information (grades and credits earned). The official document needs to come directly from the school your son attended last year.
Mrs. Kayla Jones
4744 James Madison Highway
Fork Union VA 23055
Our Financial Aid Director, LTC Steven McCoy, asks that you please complete your financial aid applications through FACTS Grant and Aid no later than Sunday, August 1. Financial assistance packages will not be available after your son’s enrollment date. The application process takes 14-21 days to complete after submitting your application. To learn more about financial aid, please visit our website: Affording Fork Union.
Fork Union Military Academy's Infirmary uses SchoolDoc to manage the required annual health forms. Please make sure you have completed your health profile before arriving to campus. We will not be accepting paper forms at check-in.
Please note that the nurses will be reviewing all health forms when you arrive on campus to check-in. Any incomplete forms, especially those that require a healthcare provider signature, may delay the check-in process. Parents will be responsible for completing these items before they can leave their cadet on campus.
For all school and health related questions, please contact the Infirmary at 434-842-4310 or email@example.com.
You can find the link to our Academic Calendar for the 2021-2022 year here. Please refer to our calendar as you are planning for your cadet’s 2021-2022 year.
Should you have any questions regarding your son’s class options and graduation plan, please contact their respective academic scheduler:
- Mrs. Hill: 9-12th graders: Alphabet (Last name) A-K (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- LTC Benson: 9th-12th graders: Alphabet L-Z (Last name) (email@example.com)
- Ms. Schnelle: All 8th graders (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mrs. Jones/ Col Goad: All 7th Graders (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
What to Bring
Please refer to our Packing List for New Cadets.
We also encourage parents to leave their sons with plenty of snacks (granola bars, Gatorade, water bottles, etc.)
Your cadet will have a telephone in his room that he can use to keep in touch with friends and family. He will need to purchase a calling card to dial out. We recommend purchasing this card or something similar.
Please fill out the following form so that our coaches may plan for the upcoming fall season. Go FUMA!
Director of Communications
Fork Union Military Academy