I want to remind you of some items included in my update to you on Monday of this week, and to give some help to families having difficulty locating the correct form in Boardingware to report your test result and travel plans.
Term 4 Distance Education Continues
Our cadets will be continuing their classes by distance education throughout this week and next week. Cadets are expected to check in using their morning check-in form no later than 0830 hours (in the cadet's time zone) each morning.
Boarding Cadets to Return from Spring Break on Sunday, March 7, 2021
Our boarding cadets will return from spring break by 7:00 PM on Sunday, March 7, 2021.
Our day students will join us on Monday morning, March 8, 2021 as we start back with in-person education to continue our Term 4.
This email is to remind you of the steps to follow as we prepare for this return, which will include.
- Self-Quarantine Period
- Test for COVID-19
- Upload test results and travel plans in Boardingware
1. Self Quarantine
We ask all cadets to self quarantine beginning Friday, February 26, 2021 and continuing until return to campus.
2. COVID-19 Test Result
Read the below very carefully to understand our requirements regarding COVID-19 testing prior to return to campus.
The first part of the policy to understand is that, generally speaking, cadets who test positive for COVID-19 are quarantined for a period of 10 days following the date of their positive test result. They may then be eligible to return to class after this 10-day quarantine has been completed, provided they have been symptom free for at least 48 hours. The date they are eligible to return for class is determined by our Head Nurse, Mrs. Heidi Yates, in consultation with our Academy Physician.
Our requirement for COVID-19 testing prior to return to campus is based on this policy. Simply follow the below steps:
A. Has your cadet tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days?
- If your cadet has previously tested positive within the past 90 days, you must email that test report directly to Mrs. Heidi Yates in our Infirmary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mrs. Yates will communicate any additional instructions to you directly regarding any further requirements or whether any adjustments to your return date may be required. Please email Mrs. Yates your test report as soon as possible.
B. If your cadet has NOT tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days...
- If your cadet has NOT previously tested positive within the past 90 days, we ask that your cadet be tested for COVID-19 on or after Friday, February 26, 2021.
- It is best to get this test as early as possible on or after February 26th, so that if a cadet receives a positive result, he will still have time to quarantine as required before returning to school, without missing class time.
- If your cadet receives a negative result on this test, you must upload a copy of that test report to us through Boardingware prior to your cadet's return to campus.
- If your cadet receives a positive result to his test taken on or after February 26th, we ask that you email that test report directly to Mrs. Heidi Yates in our Infirmary by email at email@example.com. Mrs. Yates will communicate any additional instructions to you directly regarding any further requirements or whether any adjustments to your return date may be required. Please email Mrs. Yates your test report as soon as possible.
3. Complete "Spring Break Return - March 2021" Form in Boardingware
Log into your Boardingware parent account at https://app.boardingware.com to complete the Spring Break Return - March 2021 form for your cadet. Use this form to communicate your cadet's test results as well as your travel plans for return to campus.
Some parents are having difficulty accessing this form in Boardingware because they are missing one important step. When you click on the large plus icon to select "New Form" you then end up on a page like this one:
It may show that there are no forms to submit. This is because you haven't "selected" your cadet. This is the important step that some parents are missing.
Once you click on the circular photo area above your cadet's name, then you will see the forms available for that student.
Once you "select" your cadet, any relevant forms for that cadet become visible and ready for you to complete.
- Questions about our COVID-19 mitigation protocols may be directed to LTC Steve McCoy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about testing requirements and procedures may be directed to our Infirmary by email at email@example.com.
- Questions about accessing the Boardingware platform for parents may be directed to the Perkins Technology Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about travel plans may be directed to our Commandant's Office by email at email@example.com.
Strategic Communications & Marketing
Fork Union Military Academy