April 9, 2021
What a year this has been, with all the protocols we’ve put in place to mitigate the health risks presented by the global pandemic during this school year.
We are so proud of our cadets. They have followed the rules, even though it hasn't been very fun, and our campus has been safer this year because of it. Our Infirmary has seen far fewer cases of flu and colds than in past years, and I'm sure it is because our cadets have been washing their hands and wearing their masks.
Your boys have done well. They deserve our praise and appreciation.
As we get closer to the end of the school year, we are looking to make some improvements to campus life towards the end of April. Below you will find some exciting updates to our policies this year on day passes, parades, and spectator attendance at campus events.
Starting Sunday, April 25, your cadet will be allowed to go on Day Pass on select Sundays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Each Day Pass has to be approved by the Commandants Department.
Available Day Pass Dates:
- Sunday, April 25
- Sunday, May 2
- Sunday, May 9
- Sunday, May 16
Please make sure you have a proper Leave Permission Form on file with the Commandants Department. Any leave requests can be emailed to email@example.com.
Parade season is about to begin! The Academy will host two parades that will be open to cadet families, including our annual Mother's Day Parade and Senior Day Parade. These parades will be ticketed with a limited amount of tickets available per family.
- Sunday, May 9 - Mother's Day Parade - 10:00 AM (Cadets are eligible to go on day pass following the parade)
- Open to all cadet families. A maximum of two tickets will be available per cadet.
- Friday, May 14 - Senior Day Parade - 3:30 PM
- Open to senior cadet families only. A maximum of five tickets will be available per cadet.
Please fill out the form below to request tickets for each parade.
Starting Saturday, May 1, Fork Union Military Academy will allow a limited amount of spectators at outdoor campus events, including sporting events. All spectators will have to follow the current COVID-19 statewide protocols:
- If you have any COVID-19 related symptoms on the day of the event, please stay home.
- A mask is required at all times on campus.
- Please social distance at all times.
Director of Communications
Fork Union Military Academy