As we approach the successful end of Term 1, we have much to celebrate! It will be wonderful to put our first grading term safely in the books, and we are all working hard to see that happen next week. We also, however, know that we need to continue to zealously protect our "bubble" here on campus to keep our cadets and staff safe from the COVID-19 pandemic. There are a few moments in our academic year schedule when we need to be especially vigilant, and one of those moments will arrive next week.
Preparing for Term 2 Enrollments
On Monday, September 28, 2020, we will welcome to campus those 10 to 20 new cadets who are enrolling mid-year to start Term 2 with us.
We will be following all of the same type of procedures as we did in August, plus a few additional requirements. These protocols have been created in compliance with the recommendations of the health professionals from the Thomas Jefferson Health District of the Virginia Department of Health, as well as with input from the nursing staff in our Infirmary and our Academy Physician.
Protocols for Term 2 Check-In
- Students enrolling for Term 2 are required to self-quarantine from Friday, September 18, until their arrival on campus on Monday, September 28.
- Students enrolling for Term 2 must submit a negative COVID-19 test to us by the close of business on Friday, September 25.
- Check-Ins will be completed by appointment with arrival times at 9:30 AM or 10:30 AM, with no more than 10 students scheduled to register within each time slot.
- Arriving students will be met individually by a staff guide and will be taken directly to the Infirmary where they will complete a brief health screening and then proceed through the various stations for registration.
- Arriving students will participate in new cadet training from September 28 to September 30, and begin classes on October 1.
- Arriving students will be housed in single-occupancy rooms within a separate area of the barracks from current students until at least Thursday, October 8.
- Arriving students will not be eligible to begin any athletic practices until Thursday, October 8.