Current Job Openings
Seeking a registered nurse to provide direct nursing care to our cadets. This position requires excellent assessment skills, good communication, multi-tasking, and attention to detail. Care coordination with medical professionals, school faculty and staff, and the families of cadets is an essential part of this job.
This is a full-time position currently requiring two 24 hour shifts a week, to include every other weekend.
The qualified candidate should possess a valid Virginia nursing license (BSN preferred) and current CPR certification.
At least 5 years recent primary care, medical-surgical, ER, ICU/Trauma experience preferred.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@fuma.org.
Weekend TAC (Teach, Advise, Coach) Officer
Department: Commandant’s Department
Direct Supervisor: Deputy Commandant
TAC Officer ensures Cadet development within a safe and secure environment by counseling, evaluating, and reporting Cadet’s behavior and performance, ensuring operational and procedural uniformity within the barracks, across company lines, supervision of cadet’s quarters, around campus and other duties.
Essential Job Functions and Requirements:
- Supervises the evening activities of Cadets including eating, recreational, instructional, and work activities
- Maintains general safety and control of Cadets; makes routine safety checks and perform room and barrack inspection
- Implement approved disciplinary measures of Cadets when necessary and discuss behavior problems of Cadets with other TACs, the Deputy Commandant and Commandant
- Investigate all special reports
- Analyze and evaluate the progress and development of Cadets and present verbal and written reports
- Inspect rooms for unauthorized or stolen items, if necessary
- Build trust and establish effective mentoring relationships with at-risk cadets
- Make sound decisions and remain calm under stressful circumstances
- Be a positive role model and influence for Cadets
- Instruct Cadets on leadership, following orders and being team players
- Provide guidance and priority of work to duty officers
- Maintain accountability of Cadets
- Ability to perform work outdoors and withstand inclement weather and other environmental conditions
- Ability to climb three flights of stairs and carry at least 35 pounds
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above
Night TAC: Thursday – Monday or Friday – Tuesday
Candidates interested in applying for employment for posted positions only should email a resume and cover letter to HR@fuma.org.
No phone calls or paper copies please. We will only contact candidates invited to interview.
MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST.
Fork Union Military Academy is a Christian boarding & day school that has been building young men in body, mind, and spirit since 1898. Fork Union Military Academy seeks dedicated faculty and staff professionals who see this school's mission as their own and will strive to support the values of the institution.
Teaching contracts are generally for 9 months and all teachers are expected to participate in 2 outside activities in addition to teaching, such as sports coaching or student club sponsorship. Staff positions are generally 12 month contracts.
Professional development is encouraged and supported. Fork Union Military Academy offers a full complement of employee benefits for full-time employees, including participation in group health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance; a 403(b) retirement plan and Paid Time Off.
Fork Union Military Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Fork Union Military Academy to provide equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. The Academy complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, or any other legally protected characteristic to the extent required by applicable law.
You may download a copy of our employment application in PDF format below:Employment