Current Job Openings
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) manages and oversees the Academy’s business operations, financial and technology resources. The CFO reports to the Academy President and coordinates with the Board of Trustees. This is an exempt position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and manage the operating and capital budgets in coordination with the senior staff, President and Board of Trustees
- Prepare, analyze and interpret financial results for use by the senior staff and President for use in the decision-making and financial tracking processes.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the senior staff in the management of their areas of operation; provides periodic budget status reports
- Maintain and oversee the financial accounting system and personnel to ensure the proper recording of all financial transactions in accordance with sound accounting principles
- Monitor and manage short and long term investments consistent with guidance from the Endowment and Investment Committee and President of the Academy
- Manage the annual audit
- Provide accounting and financial services to parents, students and other customers
- Ensure the positive financial reputation of the Academy with vendors, suppliers, and other business associates
- Advise and inform the Board of Trustees on financial matters relating to the Academy, including management of the Fork Union Military Academy Foundation
- Manage and oversee the Academy’s insurance and benefits programs
- Provide oversight of external contracts
- Serve as the risk management officer for the Academy
- Prepare 5 Year Financial Plan consistent with the strategic plan
- Oversee business functions of the Academy (Quartermaster, Dining Facility, Sabre Shop)
- Bachelor’s in business or related field required; MBA, CPA or CMA highly desired
- 10 years experience in financial management, non-profit, auditing, budget preparation and investment management
- Private independent prep school experience highly desired
Deadline for applications is June 1, 2018
Admissions Office Assistant
Essential Job Functions and Requirements:
- Mail Admissions packets when requested, stock mail room with packets
- Assist with database management and entry of data as needed, print and file forms upon arrival
- Follow up with families when packets returned/appointments not kept
- Confirm appointments daily
- Primary telephone person for main Admissions number. Assist incoming callers with general admissions questions and general aid questions
- Assist with staff travel plans
- Aid Office Coordinator with Open House preparations, Cadet Check-ins, mailings, file administration, etc
- Cover the Admissions Office Coordinator’s functions when she is away.
- Assist in obtaining final transcripts for newly enrolled cadets
- Monitor and Update Admissions section of website
- Perform any other duties as needed
Normal work week is 40 hours, with overtime approved as needed. All admissions personnel are expected to assist with Open House event which occur on Saturday throughout the year. (Reasonable exceptions may be granted by the President or Director of Admissions).
The Admissions Office Assistant should be well versed in computer use and flexible in dealing with new technology. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential, including at least intermediate knowledge of database management. The position also requires the ability to communicate effectively with prospective families. They should be comfortable with managing the various individuals employed throughout the summer admissions season.
Please contact Maintenance 434.842.4340
Please contact Maintenance 434.842.4340
Please contact Dining Services 434.842.4390
Candidates interested in applying for employment for posted positions only should email a resume and cover letter to HR@fuma.org.
No phone calls or paper copies please. We will only contact candidates invited to interview.
MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST.
Fork Union Military Academy is a Christian boarding & day school that has been building young men in body, mind, and spirit since 1898. Fork Union Military Academy seeks dedicated faculty and staff professionals who see this school's mission as their own and will strive to support the values of the institution.
Teaching contracts are generally for 9 months and all teachers are expected to participate in 2 outside activities in addition to teaching, such as sports coaching or student club sponsorship. Staff positions are generally 12 month contracts.
Professional development is encouraged and supported. Fork Union Military Academy offers a full complement of employee benefits for full-time employees, including participation in group health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance; a 403(b) retirement plan and Paid Time Off.
Fork Union Military Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Fork Union Military Academy to provide equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. The Academy complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, or any other legally protected characteristic.
You may download a copy of our employment application in PDF format below:Employment