Current Job Openings
Head High School Football Coach
The Head Football Coach will report to the Director of Athletics and will manage and administer all aspects of the Prep Football Program within VISAA and Prep League rules and regulations including but not limited to practice and competition activities, player skill development, directing and implementing plans for daily practices and competitions, organizing and administering clinics, mentoring student-athletes, and overall administrative tasks within the operation of the program. In addition to the responsibilities of the Head Football Coach, the position will be assigned to an academic / administrative position within the school.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to fulfill a teaching or administrative role within the school
- Direct and coordinate the planning, organizing and coaching of the FUMA Prep Football team.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student- athletes in the football program at FUMA.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the football staff in the planning, organizing and coaching of the FUMA Prep football team; ensure compliance with all policies and regulations.
- Direct the football staff in the preparation of analyses of opponent teams; analyze game statistics and tactical data of opponents and prepare game plans accordingly.
- Study, evaluate and implement innovations in football strategy and equipment.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters; consult with the FUMA administration and faculty for resolution of problems as required.
- Assists student-athletes in college advancement.
- Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Represent FUMA in professional, civic, charity and alumni events.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Perform other duties as directed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Candidate should be a strong Christian and must demonstrate integrity, leadership, a strong commitment and ability to motivate, teach, counsel, and develop the program with academically qualified students. Promote academic progress of student-athletes on and the off-field. Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire through athletics.
- Prior successful coaching experience at the high school level or above as a head coach or coordinator / assistant
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the vision and mission of the School
- Knowledge of essential skills, techniques, rules and safety concerns for the sport to be coached.
- Must utilize online platforms required for specific sports like MaxPreps, HUDL, and others.
- Ability to handle multitude of varying and complex issues.
- Exceptional leadership skills with an instinctive ability to motivate members of the program.
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, collegiality, and personal conduct, both in and outside of school.
- Exceptional interpersonal and social-emotional skills.
- A passion not only for the sport but also for working with young student-athletes.
- Demonstrate a desire to build the program as a successful and respected program in a highly competitive area.
- Ability, willingness, and judgment to communicate thoroughly, accurately, and concisely with student-athletes, parents, administration, faculty, and the community-at-large.
- Willingness to work flexible and often long hours as needed to engage in all facets of school life, including weekends and evenings.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, leadership, responsibility, and an appreciation for the importance of a healthy balance between athletics and academics.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to pass the drug/TB test
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Virginia driver’s license as driving students to and from competitions will be required.
- Selected candidates will be required to participate in an interview process.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; all academic degrees must be from fully accredited institutions. Preference given to candidates with prior experience in education or education administration.
- This position is open until filled. All applicants must complete the online application and submit it along with a cover letter and resume. Please include Curriculum Vital and Unofficial Transcripts and submit contact information for three professional references.
Fork Union Military Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Fork Union Military Academy to provide equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. The Academy complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, or any other legally protected characteristic. An employment offer is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and drug test, as determined by Fork Union Military Academy in its sole discretion.
Please contact Maintenance 434.842.4340
Please contact Maintenance 434.842.4340
Please contact Dining Services 434.842.4390
Candidates interested in applying for employment for posted positions only should email a resume and cover letter to HR@fuma.org.
No phone calls or paper copies please. We will only contact candidates invited to interview.
MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST.
Fork Union Military Academy is a Christian boarding & day school that has been building young men in body, mind, and spirit since 1898. Fork Union Military Academy seeks dedicated faculty and staff professionals who see this school's mission as their own and will strive to support the values of the institution.
Teaching contracts are generally for 9 months and all teachers are expected to participate in 2 outside activities in addition to teaching, such as sports coaching or student club sponsorship. Staff positions are generally 12 month contracts.
Professional development is encouraged and supported. Fork Union Military Academy offers a full complement of employee benefits for full-time employees, including participation in group health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance; a 403(b) retirement plan and Paid Time Off.
Fork Union Military Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Fork Union Military Academy to provide equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. The Academy complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, or any other legally protected characteristic.
You may download a copy of our employment application in PDF format below:Employment