Fork Union Military Academy's Infirmary works to meet cadets’ health-related needs. The infirmary has a Registered Nurse available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, whenever cadets are on campus. The nurse on duty distributes prescribed medications, assesses, and treats cadet illnesses and injuries, and maintains close contact with the athletic training staff and an Academy physician. The physician is available every weekday morning during “sick call” and is easily accessible after hours for emergencies. Whenever necessary, the physician and nursing staff make referrals to specialists, and the Academy staff provides transportation to nearby hospitals.
The infirmary staff communicates closely with cadets’ guardians regarding health issues, and ensures cadet immunizations and vaccinations are up-to-date.
AED Locations on Campus
Automated Electronic Defibrillators (AEDs) are available in nine central locations on campus, and the infirmary staff, athletic training staff, and various department heads and faculty have been trained for their use.
- Jacobson Hall - Front Entrance immediately to the right of the door.
- Hatcher Hall - Front Entrance, top of the stairs on the way down to the classrooms.
- Infirmary - Nurses Station
- Dining Hall - Next to Larry McIlnay’s office
- Estes Athletic Center - Front Entrance, located on wall immediately as you walk in the door
- Estes - Pool
- Training Room - In Kyle Lewis' office, or on the fields with trainer
- Maintenance Office
- Wicker - Teacher’s Lounge (on the table)
Required Health Profile to be Completed Before Arrival on Campus
Enrolling students must complete their Health Profile online through the secure School Doc platform BEFORE arriving on campus for check-in and registration. If you have not received your invitation email from School Doc to set up your account, or if you have any questions about completing your health profile, please contact the Infirmary by email at email@example.com.
NOTE: Due to our COVID-19 guidelines and precautions in place, we will NOT be accepting any paper health forms at check-in this year. All information must be provided online through School Doc before your arrival on campus.
Important Notes About Insurance
- All cadets are required to have health insurance coverage purchased from a US-based company while attending Fork Union Military Academy.
- You will need to bring your cadet's health care card showing his health insurance coverage.
- If your cadet is an international student, you will be required to purchase a policy that covers him while at Fork Union Military Academy. Information is posted above on the International Health Care insurance coverage available for international students while at Fork Union Military Academy.
International Students—Important Insurance Information
If you have questions, please contact our Infirmary at 434-842-4310 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: Health Forms Immunization Records Health