Current Job Openings:
Director of Aquatics/Varsity Swim Coach
Fork Union Military Academy is seeking a Director of Aquatics, Swimming and Diving Coach for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year. Benefits include a retirement plan, health, dental, life insurance and meals provided depending on the shift. The Academy is a Christian male boarding and day school that attracts students from more than 30 states and 15 foreign countries. The Academy offers our students a college preparatory curriculum in a military-style environment.
The individual will serve as Head Coach, Swimming & Diving, for Fork Union Military Academy and Head Coach for Fork Union Aquatic Club, a USA-Swimming club team comprised of FUMA students. He/she will also serve as FUMA’s Aquatics Director with responsibility for the overall operation of one competition facility, and pool programming including administration of camps, pool rentals, a learn-to-swim program, scheduling of lifeguards.
Successful candidates should possess:
- American Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Life Guarding, Life Guarding Instructor, CPR and WSI Instructor Certifications required
- Strong competitive background in swimming
- 3 or more years coaching experience on the USA Swimming Senior National and Junior National level OR coaching at NCAA Division I championship level
- Strong relationships with ASCA, USA Swimming, and NISCA
- Experience and ability to manage aquatic facility
- ASCA Level Three coach or higher desired
- Successful track record of hosting meets with strong knowledge of H.S. and USA Swimming meet protocol
- Ability to successfully integrate the swimming program into Academy environment
- Willingness to contribute to all aspects of boarding life such as study hall and student advising
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Teaching certification a plus
- Strong ability to communicate with our young men
- Dedication and commitment to Fork Union Military Academy’s mission statement.
Landscaper – contact Maintenance (434) 842-4340
Housekeeper – contact Maintenance (434) 842-4340
Utility Worker – contact Dining Services (434) 842-4390
Candidates interested in applying for employment for posted positions only should email a resume and cover letter to HR@fuma.org.
No phone calls or paper copies please. We will only contact candidates invited to interview.
MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST.
Fork Union Military Academy is a Christian boarding & day school that has been building young men in body, mind, and spirit since 1898. FUMA seeks dedicated faculty and staff professionals who see this school's mission as their own and will strive to support the values of the institution.
Teaching contracts are generally for 9 months and all teachers are expected to participate in 2 outside activities in addition to teaching, such as sports coaching or student club sponsorship. Staff positions are generally 12 month contracts.
Professional development is encouraged and supported. FUMA offers a full complement of employee benefits for full-time employees, including participation in group health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance; a 403(b) retirement plan and Paid Time Off.
Fork Union Military Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Fork Union Military Academy to provide equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. The Academy complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, or any other legally protected characteristic.
You may download a copy of our employment application in PDF format below.