Current Job Openings:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Business Office
Direct Supervisor: Business Office Supervisor
Essential Job Functions and Requirement:
· Answer switchboard incoming calls & transfer to appropriate departments
· Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
· Make daily bank deposits
· Reconcile petty cash
· Charge cadet accounts for incidentals
· School Credit Cards: (Visa, Lowes & Sam’s Club)
¨ Reconcile and Submit statements for payment
¨ Open and close accounts
¨ Handle any fraud situations
¨ Obtain and track reward points
· Journal entries for General Ledger
· Coordinate Campus Stay, College Accounts and Allowance Accounts
· Reconcile Campus stay and Campus Allowance accounts to GL
· Reconcile bank accounts to General Ledger
· Assist with Check-ins through-out the year as needed
· Disburse meal money weekly
· Provide Sales Tax Exemption Certificates as needed
· Prepare and submit for payment monthly sales tax
· Coordinate company issued cell phones
· Coordinate company fleet
· Maintain certificate of insurance files
· Contact person for copiers and postage machine
· Order coffee supplies and copy paper
· Perform any other duties as needed
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30-4:30, occasional weekends as needed.
Candidates interested in applying for employment for posted positions only should email a resume and cover letter to HR@fuma.org.
No phone calls or paper copies please. We will only contact candidates invited to interview.
MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST.
Fork Union Military Academy is a Christian boarding & day school that has been building young men in body, mind, and spirit since 1898. FUMA seeks dedicated faculty and staff professionals who see this school's mission as their own and will strive to support the values of the institution.
Teaching contracts are generally for 9 months and all teachers are expected to participate in 2 outside activities in addition to teaching, such as sports coaching or student club sponsorship. Staff positions are generally 12 month contracts.
Professional development is encouraged and supported. FUMA offers a full complement of employee benefits for full-time employees, including participation in group health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance; a 403(b) retirement plan and Paid Time Off.
Fork Union Military Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Fork Union Military Academy to provide equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. The Academy complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, or any other legally protected characteristic.
You may download a copy of our employment application in PDF format below.