Current Job Openings
Fork Union Military Academy is seeking candidates for the 11th President in its 119-year history. RADM J. Scott Burhoe, USCG (Ret.), the Academy's current President, has announced plans for his retirement, effective July 1, 2018.
The Academy is seeking a proven leader with a strong background in teaching/learning, as well as a proven commitment to educational excellence. Candidates must have an appreciation for the value of athletics/physical fitness in the total development of young men, and a passion for the role military structure plays to instill school pride and discipline. Candidates should show evidence of a sincere commitment to the development of respect, integrity, faith, character, and discipline in young men.
For information about candidate qualifications and the specific process for applying for this position, please visit the Presidential Search page.
Direct Supervisor: CFO
Essential Job Functions and Requirements:
- Maintain Inventory of all issued uniform articles and some supplementary articles as needed for cadets.
- Set up and maintain major staging for reporting days.
- Supervise measuring of uniform articles: pants, jackets, overcoats, shirts, shoes, boots, etc.
- Supervise alterations of uniforms.
- Inventory, order and receive all stock items for cadets and faculty.
- Maintain warehouse inventory with fill-in orders.
- Assist in requisition of faculty uniforms.
- Keep working relationships with current vendors and cultivate relationships with prospective vendors.
- Counter sales:
- Supervise counter sales for cadets.
- Supervise cadet supply officer and assistant.
- Maintain restricted purchases not related to uniforms.
- ID Card
- Supervise cadet, faculty and staff ID card production
- Summer School:
- Order and receive summer school uniform items for cadets and faculty.
- Supervise summer school check-in, to include staging of uniforms for issuance and part time staff.
- Oversee and assign transportation for cadet events, to include minibuses and reservation of charter buses.
- Maintain communication with auto shop.
- Maintain mileage reports monthly by department to submit to business office.
- Oversee the laundry service, coordinating the marking of clothes with laundry service and mark others as needed.
- Order and receive linens weekly, adjusting count as needed.
- Supervise laundry pickup and delivery.
- Oversee the budget for quartermaster department.
- Determine price of items to maintain required profit margin.
- Review reported balances and summaries
- Allocate charges to correct departments for accounts payable.
- Authorize payment of invoices for purchases.
- Prepare an end-of-year inventory report
- Assistant to Quartermaster/Secretary, Quartermaster Counter Sales/Warehouse Clerk, and Seamstress.
- Maintain records of employee hours worked: vacation or sick leave used, approve or disapprove leave time
- Submit payroll records.
- Hire and supervise part-time staff during major check-ins.
- Office Supplies:
- Support all Academy departments by maintaining an inventory of office supplies.
- Respond to special needs and requests when necessary.
- Supervise handling of UPS/FedEx shipping and receiving, to include distribution to package receivers.
- Supervise receiving of USPS packages and distribution to receivers
- School Supplies
- Maintain an inventory of school supplies for cadets
- Barracks Duty Assignment
- Perform any other duties as needed
Special Tasks: May require lifting of up to 70 pounds
Work Schedule: Salaried Exempt position
Educational Requirements: College degree recommended in business or math.
– contact Maintenance (434) 842-4340
– contact Maintenance (434) 842-4340
– contact Dining Services (434) 842-4390
Candidates interested in applying for employment for posted positions only should email a resume and cover letter to HR@fuma.org.
No phone calls or paper copies please. We will only contact candidates invited to interview.
MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST.
Fork Union Military Academy is a Christian boarding & day school that has been building young men in body, mind, and spirit since 1898. FUMA seeks dedicated faculty and staff professionals who see this school's mission as their own and will strive to support the values of the institution.
Teaching contracts are generally for 9 months and all teachers are expected to participate in 2 outside activities in addition to teaching, such as sports coaching or student club sponsorship. Staff positions are generally 12 month contracts.
Professional development is encouraged and supported. FUMA offers a full complement of employee benefits for full-time employees, including participation in group health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance; a 403(b) retirement plan and Paid Time Off.
Fork Union Military Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Fork Union Military Academy to provide equal opportunity with regard to all terms and conditions of employment. The Academy complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, or any other legally protected characteristic.
You may download a copy of our employment application in PDF format below.