Starting August 2017, a new travel uniform will be implemented at Fork Union Military Academy. This uniform will be worn for all major leaves, approved class trips, and other approved activities
- The uniform will consist of khaki pants, black polo shirt, and all black athletic/casual shoes (see list of suggested shoes in the Travel Uniform document on the Uniform and Quartermaster Supplies page in our Download Forms Center).
- These black athletic/casual shoes will also be used as needed for cadets on "soft shoe passes" during recovery from foot injuries.
- Pants will be worn with a khaki web belt and shoes will be worn with black socks.
- Outerwear will consist of the issued black field jacket or the letterman jacket awarded for athletics.
- No hat will be worn as part of the travel uniform.
- Boarding cadets will be required to purchase two pairs of khaki pants and the web belt from the Quartermaster. Day students will be required to purchase one pair of khaki pants and the web belt from the Quartermaster. We have done everything that we can to keep the cost at a minimum: $30 per pair of pants and $5 per belt.
- Black athletic/casual shoes should be purchased prior to arrival and brought from home. The Travel Uniform document on the Uniform and Quartermaster Supplies page in our Download Forms Center has some website suggestions where appropriate shoes are available for purchase.
Please email our Quartermaster, Mrs. Suzanne Grant, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.