While the daily schedule is both full and focused on academic achievement, there is time set aside specifically for athletics, arts, fellowship, and recreation. For example:
- Cadets can develop their musical abilities by playing in the award-winning FUMA Marching Band, the FUMA Bagpipes, or by singing in the Chorus or Chorale.
- Intramural and club-sponsored sports may include competition in flag football, raquetball, tennis, table tennis, softball, volleyball, basketball, golf, swimming, weightlifting, and more.
- Those with an interest in drama and theatre can take to the stage or work behind the scenes in the Drama club.
- A wide variety of clubs are organized each year helping cadets pursue special interests. Such clubs have included debate, chess, fishing, woodworking, scuba, film and video, international cultures, and much more.
- The Quadrille Club works closely with the faculty to plan, organize, and prepare each year's Military Ball.
- Several Christian fellowship organizations and Bible study groups meet regularly.
- The Community Service Organization is active in helping others in need.
- Off-campus trips occur periodically throughout the year, including field trips to historic locations, ski trips to Virginia's mountain slopes, as well as concerts and special events.