As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, I find myself counting the many blessings that I have in my life. Family and friends, a job I love, and good health top my list, but there are so many other blessings that I could name. No doubt you could do the same.
I feel very blessed and thankful this year to have such a great Corps of Cadets. In the 20 years I have been the Headmaster of the Middle School, this Corps ranks up with the best we’ve had. This year we have been stressing the five Core Values: “Respect”, “Integrity”, “Faith”, “Character”, and “Discipline”. With good certainty, I would say that the families in which our cadets were raised have been teaching these values in their home well before their son ever entered our front gate.
As you make plans for your son’s homecoming for Thanksgiving break…
1. Please make sure to inform Mrs. Haislip (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your son’s leave plans as soon as possible, but no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 18th, so that we can have definitive travel plans for each of our cadets. Include the following:
- Name of Cadet:
- Date of Leave:
- Mode of Travel:
- Name of Driver (if by car):
- Relationship to Cadet:
- Estimated time of arrival on campus:
2. Check-out will begin at 12:00 p.m. on the 22nd. We ask that your son be on his way home no later than 5:00 p.m. that day.
3. Once you have him home, please keep your son on a regular sleep/awake time schedule so that, upon his return, the transition won’t create too much of a shock to his system.