The Christmas Leave, December 19, 2012 – January 2, 2013 is rapidly approaching. Once again we solicit your cooperation in complying with leave procedures. The following applies as we approach the Christmas Leave:
- December 10 Cadets submit leave slips
- December 12 Winter Athletic Awards
- December 14 Term 2 Final Exam & ½ year Post Grads depart
- December 15 Saturday Class & Day Passes allowed after class until 2130
- December 16 Day Passes allowed after Chapel until 1830
- December 17 Regular class day
- December 18 Regular class day, Christmas Dinner & Final prep for leave
- December 19 Leave begins after class at 1230
Additional activities will also take place on campus, e.g. the FUMA Bands participation in no less than three Christmas Parades, food distribution to the Blue Ridge Food Bank, a Corps Christmas Fun Run, Christmas Chapel Program and Fellowship of Christian Athletes Christmas Benefit for underprivileged families. In the midst of all the activities, Christmas music will sound from the tower of Wicker Chapel.
Cadets as well as Staff and Faculty are eagerly anticipating the upcoming Christmas Holiday Leave.
While planning your son’s Christmas Leave we ask that you comply with the following:
- Do not schedule departures for your son before 19 December unless he is a ½ year student.
- If there are changes to Leave Permission Forms, please contact Mrs. Dodson prior to 10 December.
- Do not request a cadet release from class prior to 12:30 PM on 19 December.
- Forward Charter Bus Request forms to Mrs. Dodson no later than 10 December.
- Familiarize yourself with and make note of the Charter Bus pick up times.
- Allow adequate time for travel to public transportation points and private transportation for your sons return to FUMA.
Please keep in mind that Jacobson Hall will not be operational until 9:00 AM on Wednesday, January 2, 2013. Also, dining facilities are not available on campus until January 3 for breakfast. Local establishments are available for meals.
Maintaining a reasonable routine, particularly a few days prior to your son returning after a lengthy leave, is essential to re-acclimating to FUMA.
We wish all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year.
The Upper School Commandant's Department